Wednesday, November 11, 2009

veteran's hope

honoring our warriors


My grandfather Lolo Victor had served in WWII, a military engineer, a warrior, a man who helped me hone an artistic eye.

In honor of our veterans, let us proceed today in peace and hope.

My verse for veterans:

in war
they were soldiers
a fraternity of singular purpose
brothers in arms in mind in heart
eyes that have seen
the darkness
of war
at home
free men and women
individuals with many endeavors
holding family in arms
finding peace of mind
longing for love
to replace darkness
with light
at home

1 comment:

Mama Rose said...

Rick, thank you for sharing about your grandfather Lolo Victor. He sounds like a wonderful man and person.
"In honor of our veterans, let us proceed today in peace and hope." -I could not have said it better myself...thank you!